Viewing PDF Files

Many of the documents on this website are provided in the Adobe PDF format. If you are unable to view PDF files, you can go to the link below to obtain the Adobe Reader application. Be sure to select the appropriate version for your computer, and you can uncheck any "Free Toolbar" boxes since the toolbars are not needed to view PDF files.

To save to your computer, right-click the file and save it to a known location. 

  1. Right-click on the link to the file you want to download
  2. Choose “Save/Download Target As …”
  3. Choose where you want to save the file on your hard drive
  4. Click ‘Save’
Open Panel

RS&W Office Closed for Over-The-Counter Service Due to Coronavirus

Dear Roamingwood Customers,

As your essential water and wastewater services supplier, we want you to rest assured that we are maintaining both with staff 24/7. In an effort to protect you and our employees, we are encouraging you to assist us with the following measures:

Our main office will remain closed to over the counter assistance. Payments and Customer Service requests can be made:

* Emergency 24hrs, via phone at (570) 698-6162 Option #1
* Website for payments
* Questions / concerns at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
* Check payments may only be deposited in our drop box at the front entrance of the office.
* As always, office staff will be available to take calls during normal business hours M-F 8:30am – 4:30pm for any immediate concerns or questions.

*** We ask that ALL non-emergency service calls be limited if possible, to avoid personal contact. We will always respond to any emergency.

Please remain diligent in the care of our system. DO NOT flush wipes or other restricted items down your toilets.  Click here for more details.

For further updates, please continue to visit this website.

Jack Lennox
Executive Director
Roamingwood Sewer and Water Association

Ground Water & Storm Water Issues


In 2010 Roamingwood Sewer and Water Association (RSWA) and the Board of Directors commissioned our Engineers to prepare a “Comprehensive Master Plan” to investigate our Sewer and Water Infrastructure and related problems we were encountering.

From this investigation, it was determined that only 37% of the Water pumped from our 5 wells was making it to our homes. Additionally, 80% of what was conveyed to the RSWA treatment plant was groundwater, and the remaining 20% sewage. The number of cracks and broken, failing infrastructure was incredible, with over 300 leaks a year. “Seems like yesterday every single road within our Community was full of repairs.” Having this knowledge, it was now our legal responsibility to notify the PA Department of Environmental Protection, which we did and then were required to develop a Corrective Action Plan which comprised of the same strategies that was part of our Comprehensive Master Plan. The PA DEP reviewed and approved our methodologies, strategies, and sequencing of the same which included installation and abandonment of our facilities, pump stations, and model strategies. Over 123 miles of Water and Sewer infrastructure/piping have been designed and installed to give us complete system integrity.

Through some very big partnerships with PENNVEST, USDA, and Bond Counsel, RSWA was able to complete the biggest project of its kind in North America and received awards for the same. It has become a model project in which people from all over the country ask about. We are extremely fortunate to have been on the forefront with such financial success, which will most likely not be the same for other communities with failing infrastructure and in need of funding.

This water that was mandated to take off our system, is now looking for a new home, as it should have naturally been doing all along. While we are aware and have assisted in redirecting some of the water, the ultimate responsibility is with the POA and their stormwater management team. We have met and assisted the POA on numerous occasions and have shared homeowner complaints. We have also provided the POA with some free professional engineering for the same. It is also worthy to note that we have had some record rainfalls that keeps the ground saturated and it does not allow the groundwater table time to reside, thus creating additional water issues that RS&W is NOT required to manage.

Roamingwood Sewer and Water Association did offer to get involve and manage the stormwater system on behalf of the community, but our proposal was denied with by POA Board of Directors.

Water and sewer are Roamingwood’s Public Health responsibilities and we take them very seriously on behalf of this community.